Dental Hygiene: Your Clinic in Bologna
The saying “prevention is better than cure” encapsulates the importance of professional dental hygiene sessions.
If you are looking for a reliable center for dental hygiene in Bologna, Dr. Pier Carlo Frabboni’s Clinic is the perfect reference for your needs.
To prevent the formation of cavities and the onset of gingival and bone problems, professional dental hygiene sessions are indeed necessary.
Tartar removal or scaling involves the elimination of plaque and supragingival tartar using both manual and ultrasonic instruments.
Dr. Pier Carlo Frabboni’s Clinic implements a very accurate oral hygiene maintenance therapeutic protocol with specific scheduling of checks and personalized hygiene recalls.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD A PROFESSIONAL DENTAL HYGIENE SESSION BE PERFORMED?
The frequency of recalls is established on an individual basis in relation to the risk factor for periodontal disease by Dr. Frabboni and our dental hygienists. Generally, at least twice a year is recommended.
This is enough to keep the entire oral cavity under control, avoiding or delaying the onset not only of cavities and tartar but also more dangerous diseases such as periodontitis and gingivitis.
HOW IS DENTAL HYGIENE PERFORMED?
- MOTIVATION AND ORAL HYGIENE INSTRUCTION: using models and practical trials by the patient.
- PLAQUE INDEX DETECTION: using coloring substances to identify the quantity and location of bacterial plaque with a percentage evaluation.
- BLEEDING INDEX DETECTION: using periodontal probing to identify bleeding gingival sites and percentage evaluation as an index of risk or activity of periodontal disease.
- REMOVAL OF PLAQUE AND TARTAR: using ultrasonic and/or manual instruments.
- REFINEMENT and POLISHING: removal of superficial stains
- REMINERALIZATION: through the application of fluoride.